Monday, February 21, 2011

Sunday Dinner

 In my family, Sunday is a day that we all get together and go to my Aunt Joyce’s house for dinner. Every Sunday the food is different but the amazing people and entertainment of my cousins never change. The usual group is just my family, my aunt and uncle, and my cousin Misty and her family however, every once in a while a few other aunts, uncles, and cousins show up too. This Sunday we gathered to celebrate my Aunt Joyce’s birthday and the food was to die for!

My uncles and cousins grilled seventeen succulent steaks. We had cheesy, delicious garlic bread, fresh and steamy baked potatoes, warm baked beans and a great salad. However, one of the best items we had was jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in juicy bacon, and cooked to perfection. They were unbelievable and so mouth-watering I could have eaten a whole tray.


For dessert, there was a chocolate and a carrot cake, vanilla, chocolate chip, and mint chocolate chip ice cream to choose from. I decided to have a small piece of chocolate cake and a small piece of carrot cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. I love chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream but that carrot cake was incredible. It was sweet, moist, and so flavorful. With all this wonderful food, I felt like it was my birthday too!

No comments:

Post a Comment