Sunday, February 20, 2011

Melly's Cake

My friend Melissa, who we call Melly, makes the best cake in the entire world. Every bite makes your mouth water and tingle with delight. Because it is my favorite, she makes it for my every year on my birthday—and every once in while too. I am usually a nice, caring person but when it come to this cake I become very, very greedy.


The actual cake is just chocolate cake but then she tops it with sweet, creamy whipped cream. Next she ladles syrupy, sticky, luscious caramel all over the whipped cream. Finally, she tops it all off with crunchy, toffee flavored crumbles of a Heath bar. Doesn’t that sound amazing? I love to leave it in the refrigerator for a little while so it is nice and cold and the caramel seeps into the chocolate cake. The best pieces are the corners because they are usually the sweetest and most tasty spots. I know it sounds quiet simple, but is full of flavor and yummy goodness.


( I wish I had a better picture, but this is the only one I could find of our friend Tiger celebrating his birthday with this incredible cake!)

No comments:

Post a Comment